2022 BMW i4 Range
The BMW i4 is one of two powerhouse electric vehicles currently offered by BMW, alongside the BMW iX. While the BMW iX is a midsize SUV, the BMW i4 is a smaller four-door gran coupe, featuring a sleek design and fifth-generation eDrive technology. The BMW i4 brings robust electric performance to the streets of Malibu and beyond, with a maximum mileage range of 300 miles and a maximum electric output of 536 horsepower.
There are two BMW i4 configurations to choose from–the eDrive40 and M50–with slightly different specs and features, so the team at Rusnak BMW has outlined all the details on each model below. Check it out, then head to our new vehicle inventory to see what we currently have available!
2022 BMW i4 Mileage Range & Performance Specs
You’ll see that there are trade-offs when it comes to the two BMW i4 configurations. The eDrive40 model features the top electric range of 300 miles, but the M50 model has more powerful performance specs, and features all-wheel drive for maximum traction on and off the Westlake Village roads. No matter what, you’ll be getting a minimum of 270 miles out of the BMW i4–that’s the equivalent of driving from San Francisco to Reno, with some miles left over! You’ll have to decide which model suits your individual driving needs. Here are the details:
2022 BMW i4 eDrive40: Range & Specifications
- i4 eDrive40 Range: Up to 300 miles
- Output: 335 hp / 317 lb-ft of torque
- 0–60 Acceleration: 5.5 seconds
- Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
2022 BMW i4 M50: Range & Specifications
- i4 M50 Range: Up to 270 miles
- Output: 536 hp / 586 lb-ft of torque
- 0–60 Acceleration: 3.7 seconds
- Drivetrain: All-wheel drive
BMW i4 Battery & Charging
The 2022 BMW i4 range is made possible by a powerful 8.2 kWh battery, which is standard on both the eDrive40 and M50 configurations. When you need to recharge the battery, you have plenty of options thanks to the BMW Charging program. BMW Charging offers drivers easy solutions for recharging their EV at home and on the road. Here are the details:
- BMW Wallbox: This convenient home charger offers Level 2 charging, meaning you can get your battery from 0-100% in under 10 hours! You can plug your BMW i4 in to charge after dinner and have it ready to go for your commute the next morning.
- Electrify America: If you need to recharge on the go, you can take advantage of Electrify America, the largest network of DC fast chargers in the United States. Every new electric BMW comes with 2 years of complimentary charging at any Electrify America charging station. These chargers can restore up to 80% of your battery in under an hour!
- Flexible Fast Charger: Every BMW i4 comes standard-equipped with a portable charging device that works with both Level 1 (120V) and Level 2 (240V) chargers.
Find Your Next EV with Rusnak BMW
Now that we’ve had a chance to discuss the 2022 BMW i4 range, you might be interested in learning about what else this remarkable EV has to offer! Contact our office or stop by our dealership for more information, and a member of our team will be happy to help. You can also contact us to set up a test drive around Malibu, and we’ll get you behind the wheel in no time. If you’re looking ahead to the buying process, you can apply for financing right from our website!
More from Rusnak BMW
The BMW iX sets the standard for electric SUVs around Los Angeles. While many turn to electric models for their economy, luxury, or cutting-edge technology, the BMW iX offers all those features on top of classic BMW performance. Balancing range and power, the BMW iX promises heart-pounding rides through Westlake Village with 0-60 acceleration times of…
The popular BMW X5 is back for the 2024 model year, offering five powerful trim levels and a variety of high-end features! Starting at only $65,200 MSRP for the base trim BMW X5 sDrive40i, this premium SUV balances luxury amenities, refined performance, and the latest technology to keep you comfortable and connected on all…
The 2023 BMW 7 Series is a luxury sedan that guarantees you a smooth ride on Los Angeles roads. There are three different models available, all with unique interior features and amenities to enhance your driving experience. To get more details about the BMW 7 Series trim levels and their interior, keep reading! View InventoryBMW…