BMW Supercar: i8 Specs & Features
High-performance, plug-in hybrid technology, and uncompromising luxury meet in the BMW supercar i8. Able to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds, it’s as fast as it progressive, and boasts a streamlined design with a sporty hood vent, air curtains, a sealed underbody, and a sculpted overall look and feel. It’s equal parts aerodynamic and stylish. Read on to learn more about the new BMW i8 and what makes it truly unique among supercars.
BMW Supercar i8: Performance
The BMW supercar i8 delivers seamless plug-in hybrid performance that propels you forward. Its cutting-edge hybrid powertrain makes it a stand-out among other sports cars in its segment. Whether you choose the roadster or coupe, you can expect the following performance specs and features:
- BMW TwinPower Turbo 3-cylinder engine (delivers 228 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque)
- eDrive 141-hp and 184-lb-ft of torque electric motor
- Hybrid sports car all-wheel drive system
- Total output of 369 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque
- Driving Dynamics Control with eDRIVE, ECO PRO, COMFORT, and SPORT modes
- 2-speed automatic transmission for electric motor
- 6-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- 11.6 kWh high-voltage lithium-ion battery pack with advanced active thermal management system
- Brake Energy Recuperation System
What’s more, the BMW i8 has a total charging time of 3.1 hours, letting you plug in, charge up, and get back on Westlake Village roads sooner rather than later.
BMW Supercar i8: Feature Highlights
You’d expect nothing less than upscale features from a BMW hypercar — and the BMW i8 doesn’t disappoint. The exterior and interior are equipped with everything you need to fully experience the power of the BMW i8 — and comfortably. Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect from the BMW i8:
BMW Supercar i8 Exterior Features:
- 20-inch BMWi light-alloy Radial-spoke bi-color wheels
- Scissor door design with lifting and turning function
- Shadowline exterior trim
- Metallic paint
- High-gloss black mirror caps with integrated directional indicators
- Power-folding, heated side mirrors
- BMW i U-shape LED brakelights
BMW Supercar i8 Interior Features:
- Ivory White or Black leather
- Carbon Fiber interior trim
- BMW TeleServices
- ConnectedDrive Services
- Apple CarPlay® compatibility
- Concierge Services with Critical Calling
- Three-stage heated front seats
- BMW Navigation Professional with an 8.8 high-resolution screen
Comprehensive BMW Service
Do you own a BMW i8, or any other BMW vehicle? Rusnak BMW is your trusted source for expert BMW repairs and maintenance. Our state-of-the-art service center is staffed with factory-trained technicians who will treat your vehicle as if it were their own. Not to mention, we use nothing but genuine BMW parts during servicing, ensuring the proper fit and performance every time. If you need to schedule service, be sure to browse our latest service specials for great offers on the parts and services you need!
Learn More About This New BMW Supercar at Rusnak BMW!
Want to learn more about the super-powered BMW i8? Contact us online or by phone at to speak with one of our BMW experts. If you want to see supercars in person, be sure to ask about our Morning Octane Rally — hosted by Rusnak Auto Group. In the meantime, complete a BMW credit application to move forward with finding the perfect luxury, high-performance car for you!
More from Rusnak BMW
The 2023 BMW 7 Series is a luxury sedan that guarantees you a smooth ride on Los Angeles roads. There are three different models available, all with unique interior features and amenities to enhance your driving experience. To get more details about the BMW 7 Series trim levels and their interior, keep reading! View InventoryBMW…
The latest 2023 BMW iX reviews are in, and this all-electric Sports Activity Vehicle already has the auto industry talking. Between its impressive range and high-performance options, the BMW iX stands out among an increasingly crowded segment. See why this all-electric model might be the perfect vehicle for your Los Angeles drives, and let us know…
The BMW iX is set to shake up the world of all-electric luxury SUVs forever, and nowhere is its dominance more clear than in the realm of speed. The 2022 BMW iX makes 0–60 MPH in just 4.4 seconds, and there’s even more fun to be had if you decide to upgrade your ride. The…